for the Platform
Last modified: December 19, 2017
Information You Provide to Us
When Partners create an account with us, they provide us with the last name, email address, phone number, institution name and password for each administrative User. Administrative Staff are also asked to provide a photograph. We use this information to create your account and allow you to display your profile within the Platform.
Partners may create accounts for its Faculty Fellows, or it may provide Faculty Guild with the first and last name, email address, phone number and institution name for each of its intended Faculty Fellows, in which case Faculty Guild will create and deliver account credentials to those Faculty Fellows.
At their option, Faculty Fellows are also asked to provide their city, state, an “about me” statement, teaching philosophy and a photograph. We use this information to allow Faculty Fellows to display a profile within the Platform.
We also ask Faculty Fellows for the following information, which we use solely to analyze our Faculty Fellow demographics in a way that does not identify any individual:
- Age and date of birth
We will also collect Faculty Fellow reflections, feedback, comments, course materials, anonymized student work and other professional development materials as Faculty Fellows progress through the Platform to aid their development, track their progress and assess the overall effectiveness of the Platform.
In limited cases, when we are awarding incentive pay to a Faculty Fellow, we will also request the Faculty Fellow’s social security number, solely for tax reporting purposes.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Platform is intended for a general audience, and not for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under 13, we will take steps to promptly delete it. If you believe we might have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you visit the Platform, our servers automatically record information sent from your browser (“Log Data”). Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, pages of the Platform that you visit, time spent on those pages, access times and the referring URL. We use this information to monitor, analyze use of and administer the Platform, remember you when you return to the Platform and to better tailor it to your needs.
To collect this information, we use technological tools including:
- Cookies. A cookie is a small data file sent from an application and stored on your computer or device. Cookies allow us to recognize your browser when you return to the Platform and to remember your preferences. Cookies also allow us to serve certain features, to better understand how you interact with the Platform and to monitor aggregated usage. You can set your browser to detect some cookies, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie. To learn more about browser cookies, including how to manage or delete them, look in the Tools, Help or similar section of your web browser, or visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Local Shared Object. Local shared objects, such as "Flash cookies," may be stored on a computer or device through a media player, such as the Flash Player, or other software installed on that computer or device. Local shared objects operate like cookies to distinguish your device from others, but cannot be deleted or blocked using browser cookie controls. Depending on how local shared objects are enabled on a computer or device, they can be managed using software settings. Information about managing Flash cookies is available at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html. As with browser cookies, some features of the Platform will not work as well if Flash cookies are turned off.
- Pixel Tags. A pixel tag (also known as a “clear GIF” or “web beacon”) is a tiny image – typically just one-pixel – that can be placed on a web page or in an email to you, to tell us when you have displayed that page or opened that email.
Our mobile app may use the following or other technologies for features, services or analytics:
- Device identifiers
- IP address
- Mobile phone number
By using the Platform, you expressly agree to our use of these technologies.
We also use third party service providers to assist us in collecting and understanding Log Data. By using the Platform, you agree to our use of these tracking technologies.
Third-Party Website Tracking
We do not honor “do not track” signals transmitted by web browsers, as there is no industry standard for implementing such programs. For more information about third-party advertisers and how to prevent them from using your information, visit the NAI’s consumer website at www.networkadvertising.org/choices or www.aboutads.info/choices/. If you do want to opt out using these tools, you need to opt out separately for each of your devices and for each web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari) that you use on each device.
How We May Use and Disclose Your Information
We do not sell or rent personal information. We may use your personal information for the purposes described above and for the following:
- To maintain and administer the Platform;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To our third-party service providers to allow them to provide the Platform features on our behalf;
- To analyze and improve the Platform and to develop new features;
- To investigate a suspected violation of our Terms of Service, suspected fraud or other unlawful activity;
- To protect the rights, property and safety of the Platform, our users or partners;
- As may be required by law;
- With your consent and as permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
To do these things, we may match information collected from you in different ways or at different times. We may use and disclose aggregated, deidentified information, that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
Third-Party Service Providers
How You Can Access and Modify Your Information
If you would like to review, correct, update or request that we delete personal information you have provided to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and specify what you would like to review, correct, update or have deleted.
If you have provided us with your information in order to receive information about our services, we may send you email marketing messages. You have the right to opt-out of receipt of those messages, and may do so at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link that appears at the bottom of each message, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
We are concerned with safeguarding your information. We strive to provide commercially reasonable practices, including administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the confidentiality, availability and integrity of your data. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, and we are not responsible for security incidents not reasonably within our control.
Social Network Features
The Platform contains links and widgets for third-party social networking websites, and if you click on those features, you will be directed to that third party’s website. We do not control these third parties, and the fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. You may log onto these third-party social networking websites to share, comment or recommend blog posts or other select content on the Platform.
The social network sharing widgets may provide information to their associated social networks or third parties about your interactions with our web pages that you visit, even if you do not click on or otherwise interact with the plug-in or widget. Information is transmitted from your browser which may include an identifier assigned by the social network or third party, information about your browser type, operating system, device type, IP address and the URL of the web page where the widget appears. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. These third-party social networking websites have their own privacy policies, and we encourage you to read them.
A Note for California Residents
If you are a resident of California, you may request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information (if any) for marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information regarding our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com or by mail at:
Faculty Guild, Inc., 3033 Wilson Blvd., Suite E185, Arlington, VA 22201