Last modified: December 19, 2017
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through the Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling out inquiry forms on the Website, which may include your name, email address, school name and address, phone number, job role or title, state and other information that you choose to provide. We use this information to respond to your requests for information on our services, including to allow you to subscribe to our newsletter, register for a webinar or download content of interest.
- Your contact information and resume, which you may submit when applying for a position with Faculty Guild.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Website is intended for a general audience, and not for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under 13, we will take steps to promptly delete it. If you believe we might have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you visit the Website, our servers automatically record information sent from your browser (“Log Data”). Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, pages of the Website that you visit, time spent on those pages, access times and the referring URL. We use this information to monitor, analyze use of and administer the Website, remember you when you return to the Website and to better tailor it to your needs.
To collect this information, we use technological tools including:
- Cookies. A cookie is a small data file sent from a website or application and stored on your computer or device. Cookies allow us to recognize your browser when you return to the Website and to remember your preferences. Cookies also allow us to serve certain features, to better understand how you interact with the Website and to monitor aggregated usage. You can set your browser to detect some cookies, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie. To learn more about browser cookies, including how to manage or delete them, look in the Tools, Help or similar section of your web browser, or visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Pixel Tags. A pixel tag (also known as a “clear GIF” or “web beacon”) is a tiny image – typically just one-pixel – that can be placed on a web page or in an email to you, to tell us when you have displayed that page or opened that email.
We use third party service providers to assist us in collecting and understanding Log Data. By using the Website, you agree to our use of these tracking technologies.
Third-Party Website Tracking
We do not honor “do not track” signals transmitted by web browsers, as there is no industry standard for implementing such programs. For more information about third-party advertisers and how to prevent them from using your information, visit the NAI’s consumer website at www.networkadvertising.org/choices or www.aboutads.info/choices/. If you do want to opt out using these tools, you need to opt out separately for each of your devices and for each web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari) that you use on each device.
How We May Use and Disclose Your Information
We do not sell or rent personal information. We may use your personal information for the purposes described above and for the following:
- To maintain and administer the Website;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To our third-party service providers to allow them to provide Website features on our behalf;
- To analyze and improve the Website and to develop new features;
- To send you marketing and other communications, including information about products, services, and events of ours and of others, that we think might interest you;
- To evaluate our email and other marketing campaigns;
- To protect the rights, property and safety of Faculty Guild, our users or partners;
- As may be required by law;
- With your consent and as permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
To do these things, we may match information collected from you in different ways or at different times.
We may use and disclose aggregated, deidentified information, that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
Third-Party Service Providers
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate delivery of the Website and to provide certain features on our behalf, such as customer service, maintenance services, email management, database management, web analytics, review and processing of resumes/job applications and improvement of the Website.
How You Can Access and Modify Your Information
If you would like to review, correct, update or request that we delete personal information you have provided to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and specify what you would like to review, correct, update or have deleted.
If you have provided us with your information in order to receive information about our services, we may send you email marketing messages. You have the right to opt-out of receipt of those messages, and may do so at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link that appears at the bottom of each message, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
We are concerned with safeguarding your information. We strive to provide commercially reasonable practices, including administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the confidentiality, availability and integrity of your data. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, and we are not responsible for security incidents not reasonably within our control.
Social Network Features
The Website contains links and widgets for third-party social networking websites, and if you click on those features, you will be directed to that third party’s website. We do not control these third parties, and the fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. You may log onto these third-party social networking websites to share, comment or recommend blog posts.
The social network sharing widgets may provide information to their associated social networks or third parties about your interactions with our web pages that you visit, even if you do not click on or otherwise interact with the plug-in or widget. Information is transmitted from your browser which may include an identifier assigned by the social network or third party, information about your browser type, operating system, device type, IP address and the URL of the web page where the widget appears. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. These third-party social networking websites have their own privacy policies, and we encourage you to read them.
A Note for California Residents
If you are a resident of California, you may request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information (if any) for marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information regarding our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com or by mail at:
Faculty Guild, Inc., 3033 Wilson Blvd., Suite E185, Arlington, VA 22201